Do You Celebrate Western Festivals?

陈泽璇069058 -
回帖数:70

Do you celebrate Western holidays?

Why do you think people celebrate festivals?

回复陈泽璇069058

回复: Do You Celebrate Western Festivals?

2017应用统计学(生物统计)简杰锋 -

1.Yes, I celebrate western festivel.

2.Firstly of all, celebrating festival means cultural heritage.People can feel the charm of festival, too. What's more, It is a good choice to have fun in festival.Through this way, people can relax themselves and take a rest from working during those few days. Furthermore, festival is a tool, which makes life become a rich and passionate state.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)马嘉骏 -

1、Yes,I celebrate some of Western holidays, such as Christmas.

2、Firstly, people now think highly of western festival than Chinese festival.

I agree that people should learn a little western culture from their festival. But we should not forget our traditional festival such as Mid Autumn Festival, national day  and spring festival. we should remember its history for a long time.

Besides, now people celebrate festival is just for fun, who don't know the significance of the festival.

Last but not least, people prefer to celebrate the festival with their friends rather than their family.  

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)周子妍 -

1.If I were still a junior student, I would say yes without any doubt. But at my age, I have seldom celebrated Western Festivals. Because I can't figure out the true meanings to do this. Instead, when I celebrate the Spring Festival I feel the comfortable sense of companying my families and a sense of belonging.

2.I argue that people can break their repeated agenda and add some sauces to their life. Without question it also provides a chance to bridge a solid gap between each other.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)杨梦雅 -

1, Yes , I celebrate western holidays . 

2. First of all , to me , celebrate western holidays  is a chance to have a good time with friends and family . Second , you can also learn some western culture without pressure of exams . 

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)黄梓彤 -

Yes, I do. I had celebrated Thanksgiving day and Christmas day.

Actually,It is universally acknowledged that more and more Chinese people have celebrated Western Festivals. The reasons for it is that celebrating western holidays is more relaxing and romantic. As we all know, Chinese holidays mostly need to be celebrated grand which bring  some stress and inconvenience.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)代皓炜 -

1. Yes,  I celebrate the Western holidays as Christmas.

2. Firstly,  from where I stand,  celebrating western festival is a trendency,  which we can learn more about other cultures.  However, there is no doubt that traditional festival is more important than Western holidays to us,  so we must inherit tradition firts.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)祁宁钰 -

1. Yes.

2. I think it is mainly because western festivals seem to be more attractive and special to us. Compared with Chinese traditional festivals which mostly regard uniting with family as important, western festivals are regarded thinking highly of freedom and independence which really attracts the youth.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术鲍晓洁 -

1. Little, beside the New Year' s Day, I hardly not celebrate by myself, while others would invite me to join them. For one factor, I believe western festivals are just the show time for those chats or supermarket to persuade others to purchase their things. In addition, I am not a God-fearing Christian now, not knowing the meaning of the festivals.

2. Firstly, people now think highly of western festival than Chinese festival.

I think people should learn a little western culture from their festival. However we should not forget our own traditional festival such and we should remember its history for a long time. If we couldn't get a good command of our own festival culture, we are the murder of our people.

In addition, now people celebrate festival is just for fun, for shopping, who don't know the significance of the festival.

Last but not least, people prefer to celebrate the festival with their friends rather than their family.  

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)李佳 -

1.Yes,I do.I usually play with my friends in Christmas.

2.Firstly,festivals privide a chance that people can have fan ang have a rest after working.Therefore,we can have time to company our parents.

Secondly,for some shops,it's a great chance to offer and attract consumes.

The most important,every festival has it own history,we celebrate festivals to commemorate.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)陈金梅 -

1.Yes, i celebrate some  western festivals.

2.At first, the celebration of western festivals has added more fresh and joys to our life. For example, on valentine's Day, many young people will give their gifts to each other to extend their love and strengthen their relationship or expess their admiration.

Secondly, the celebration of western festivals provides a chance for us to communicate with others and develop our relationships.

Thirdly, the celebration of western festivals has also added some fresh blood to our traditional chinese cultures. 

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)吴双赢 -

1 Yes,I celebrate the western festival.

2 first of all, I argue that celebrating the festival provides people with a opportunity so that they can communicate with their friends and improve the friendship.Secondly,We should attach the improvement to the chinese tradition festival, beacause it is our own culture and we have the responsibility to inherit the traditional festival.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物统计刘雅 -
1.To be honest, I have no idea to celebrate western festivals. However, almost of people around are fond of it, which focus  me to take part in them. 2.Although I don't celebrate western festivals, I am enthusiastic in celebrating Chinese traditional festivals like Mid-Autumn Festival and the Spring Festival. As far as i am concerned, people not only can relax themselvies and play with their friends and relative in the festival, but also can do somethings what they like which they have no spare time to do. What is more, festivals mean traditional cultures. It can recall people learning the spirit of the ancients.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)梁雪晴 -

1, Yes, I celebrate Western holidays such as Christmas. On Christmas Day, I will always have fun with my friends, we will watch a movie and have a dinner together. It's always a wonderful time that I cherish it every year.

2, I think people celebrate holidays not only for fun, but also for memory. We will keep the Dragon Boat Festival for memorizing  Qu Yuan, and the Qingming Festival for memorizing the ancestors. By celebrating this kind of festivals, we can remember our origins and culture. It's a efficient path  that we will remember who we are and what we should do.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)袁愈新 -

1. Yes, I celebrate some of them, like Christmas.

2. We celebrate festivals because life needs a sense of ritual. A lot of things go away, but some feel will not change. Festivals will strengthen the feel, the need to strength and deepen the impression.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)肖丽娜 -

1.Actually,I only don't exclusion to celebrate western festivals.And sometimes,I would celebrate western festival because of others around me. 

2.On the one hand,some western festivals is funny and people can relax themselves by celebrating those festivals.On the other hand,people like keeping in line with the people around them.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)武雅迪 -

Of course! I am a big fan of Western Holidays.

From my perspective, not only can holidays provide the opportunities for people to sit together, communicating with each other, but they can also escape from the ordinary boring life, which refresh people & encourage them embrace new life.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)明博文 -

1. Yes, I do. However, actually I am not accustomed to celebrating festivals.

(1) Young people want to know the profound and long history of western countries.

(2) Young people would like to identity with western people who indulge in the joys of celebrating the festival.

(3) We all want to bridge the gap between two countries and two kinds of culture.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)高洁仪 -
1. Yes, i always celebrate Christmas and Halloween with my friends. 2. I think the reason they enjoy western festivals so much is the foreign, fresh and cheerful atmosphere that those festivals have, which makes it a good time to hang out with friends and have some fun.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)麻李思雨 -
1. Yes, I have celebrated western festivals for a couple of times. For me, it's a way of having fun as well as knowing more about western culture. However, the celebration has not become my habit. 2. Festivals, one of the symbols of culture, play an important role in our daily life. Celebrating festivals always means family reunion, perfection and prosperity , in which atmosphere people have a great sense of happiness.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)黎影如 -

1. Yes, I celebrate western festivals.

2. People celebrate them for fun. Western festivals appear to be chances for people to escape from their chores and get together with thieir relations. So people are filled with anticipation and excitement about the wetern festivals, even though some of them don't really know about the original meaning of the  festivals.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)叶柔萱 -
1. Yes, I celebrate western holidays. 2. First of all, festivals bring families, relatives and friends together to do some significant things. Whether or not theses things are meaningful, it makes our feelings warm up. After that, most Chinese celebrate western holidays without many forms, merely to relax their tired bodies and go to carnival. So, we often spend Western festivals with friends and lovers. But there are a large system about Chinese traditional festivals. It will cost us much time to prepare with tender feeling. And we usually get through Chinese festivals with families and relatives.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学刘胜 -

1.Yes, I do. I celebrate the Western holidays like Christmas, christmas Eve and so on.

2.The reason why people celebrate festivals is that the festival is the hope that the family will be able to get together. And it can also cultivate the emotion between people and bring happyness for them.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)李威仪 -

1. Yes, I celebrate western festival.

2.  I think it is  because Chinese people need a reason to relax and have fun. Compared with western festivals,  our traditional festivals sometimes are serious.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)李雪茹 -

1.      Yes, I celebrate some western festival.

2.      First of all, celebrating western festivals is a chance to have a good time with my friend and my family. Secondly, I think we can learn western culture when we celebrating western festival. Thirdly, we will be happy because some western festivals are very interesting. After all, I think we should celebrate our traditional festival.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)苏栋潮 -

1. Yes, I celebrate western festivals such as Christmas but I seldom send others Christmas gifts.

2. As a Chinese, I think I celebrate festivals is due to Chinese cultures and customs primarily. The traditional festivals spread down from ancient time and now they become a critical part of Chinese lives. Mast Chinese festivals are meaningful and have great effects on linking family. As for western festivals, people have known them and celebrated them since our country reform and opening up. In this short time people were impacted strongly by western cultures. Western festivals are interesting and different so that many people specially young people are attract by western festivals.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术郭龙二 -
1. Seldom. I don't hardly have fun with western festivals, but like Chinese traditional festivals. Therefore, I don't pay much attention to them. 2. With the development of China, there are many exchanges from China and other countries, which including cultural exchange. Many young people are interested for the new culture and then begin to accept them, as Chinese traditional festivals are more and more overlooked by some people. As a result, they are crazy about western festivals.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术程江路 -
1. Actually, I do. 2. Both Chinese and western holidays, some of which contain postive sides. As a consequence, I enjoy them.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术林浩峰 -
1.Sometimes, but I prefer celebrate Chinese festivals than celebrate Western festivals. 2.In my opinion, people celebrate festivals always is to in memory of their favourite person, such as their deceased relatives and some famous people in the history.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李欣 -

Yes, I do celebrate western festivals alone. This does not mean others don't celebrate. I just feel lonely when I celebrate festival.

There're many different reasons for different people to celebrate. Someone is for fun and someone is for cultural. There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people's eyes. I have no ability to know everyone. I can only say my reason for celebrating is just I need a way to dispel loneliness。

回复2017生物技术李欣

2017生物技术叶尚德 -

So you do celebrate alone? I know when Mr.Billy died, the world was boring than before, but you can try to find something new, like swimming, and Mr.Banana. 

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术叶尚德 -

1.Not sincerely celebrate actually, but I also send wishes to friends.

2.In the one hand, because festivals are the traditions of culture, and the culture release the ratification of someone's nationality in a way. In the other hand, festivals are the ways for people to fresh themselves and spend time with family or friends.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术付浩辉 -

1. I am very glad to celebrate Western holidays.

2. I think there is a significance reason for people to celebrate Western holidays,especially for young people. Western holidays are different from the china traditional festivals,which means you could have fun all night with friends or lovers without family' restraint. The meaning of Weatern holidays to me is spending a good with great friends and enjoying myself.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术王薇 -

1.Certainly, I do.

2.In my opinion, I think people celebrate festivals is to relax themselves and increase their contact with friends and lovers. Sometimes, people celebrate traditional festivals to mourn ancestors.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术黄伟聪 -
1. To be honest, I do celebrate some western festival. For example, I would see the Christmas Day as a day when our friends receive gifts from each other. I think that it's a great time to promote our friendship. 2. My reasons are kind of like what the video said , I mean, celebrating some western festival is a good way to know more about western culture. But mostly, I was motivated to celebrate those days owing to sales promotion. As for the issue that nowadays a lot of people celebrate western festival while forget Chinese traditional festival, I totally can't understand the behavior and think it is wrong. We are supposed to celebrate some meaningful Chinese and western festival.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术黄伟聪 -
1. To be honest, I do celebrate some western festival. For example, I would see the Christmas Day as a day when our friends receive gifts from each other. I think that it's a great time to promote our friendship. 2. My reasons are kind of like what the video said , I mean, celebrating some western festival is a good way to know more about western culture. But mostly, I was motivated to celebrate those days owing to sales promotion. As for the issue that nowadays a lot of people celebrate western festival while forget Chinese traditional festival, I totally can't understand the behavior and think it is wrong. We are supposed to celebrate some meaningful Chinese and western festival.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李昂 -

No, I usually celebrate Chinese festival,

Because i like Chinese culture more than foreign culture, and our tradition culture is very antique, we need project our culture, but I really like some foreign holiday because that give us more holidays

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术朱静雯 -
1. Yes. I celebrate western holidays, such as Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. 

2. People celebrate holidays to memorize the events occurred on that particular day and inherit the traditional culture. Besides, people can have a fresh start with new hope they look forwards towards life.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术赵萍 -

1.Yes, But I have celebrated Christmas for only one time. As the man say in the video, I just celebrate the Christmas for having a chance for fun and I think there are should many young people like me.

2.At the first, the significance of festivals  is honouring our ancestors and  commemorating the special  things and events. However, as time went on, many people especially the young people have forgotten the meanings of our traditional festivals. Now the festivals are tend to be regarded as a chance to relaxe ourselves.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李妍婷 -
1. Yes, i celebrate western festivals. 2. Sometime you will receive gifts from friends when in western festivals, and you should return, therefore, i celebrate western festivals even if i don't like western festivals. I think a lot of people are like me while others are really enjoying themselves.
回复陈泽璇069058

2018医学检验技术赖辛瑜 -

1. If I were still a primary student, I would say yes and I did celebrate western festivals, such as Christmas and Hallowmas. But actually, I didn't have a clear idea of their meanings, and I just take them as entertainments. As I grow up, I no longer celebrate these western festivals, and I prefer our traditional festivals on account of it brings family reunion and happiness.

2. Celebrating festivals does benefit to let people temporarily put down their work, relax and recreat theirselves. More importantly, they have the opportunity to reunion with family and friends, this canbe attributed to people's sense of belonging and homesickness.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术王晓佳 -

1.Maybe I has celebrated some western festivals. Actually I think those were not celebrated, but took those as an excuse to have fun.

2.I think that celebrating chinese festivals is for traditional culture, faith and wishes. celebrating western festivals maybe is for understanding western culture, interest and having fun.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术邓志颖 -

1. I don't really want to celebrate western festivals, but people around me celebrate, and I can only play like them.

2.People celebrate festivals for the following reasons: Celebrate the harvest, reunion with relatives, remembrance of the dead.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术林炜婷 -

1,Yes,I celebrate the western holiday, such as Christma.

2, First, the retailer has a chance to make more money

second, Our children are in global envirment.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李杰 -

1.From bottom of my heart, I like  western festivals but I have little chance to celebrate them. Maybe it because customs or other reasons.

2. In the past, celebrating festivals is to honor heros or remember somthing that makes sense. Now the festivals are celebrated more for fun.

回复陈泽璇069058

2018医学检验技术叶淦钦 -
1. I never celebrate Western holidays except Mother's Day and Father's Day. 2. As fat as I am concerned, I believe one of the reasons that those who celebrate Western festivals just because of feeling of freshness, people always take great interest in something new, thus they are eager to try. As for our traditional festivals, I argue that it is the history and origin of the festivals arouse their interest. Apart from this, people can relax themselve in hodilays is another significant reason why they like celebrate festivals.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李旭峰 -
Actually i seldom celebrate a western festival before, but I Know about the meaning of most western festival. I would do some simple celebration. As my understanding, a festival stands for its civilization's tradition and belief. People celebrate festival, same as inheriting tradition and belief.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术陈彦豪 -

1.Yes, I celebrate Western holidays ,such as Christmas Eve and Valentine's Day.

2.I celebrate these western holidays for having a get-together with my friends and beloved, having fun with them and releasing our stress. It's the holiday makes us have time to enjoy our lives, and get close to each other.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)余智茵 -

1. Yes, I  celebrate Western Festivals like Christmas, Valentine's Day and so forth.
2. There are many reasons account for it. Firstly, it seems that  embracing Western Festivals has become a trend or a fashion, especially for us, young people. Apart from it, it also provides a great chance for us to learn other countries' culture and customs.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术侯梦妍 -
  1. Yes, I am used to celebrating some western festivals every year, such as father's day and mother's day. But, I still prefer celebrating the traditional festivals of my motherland-China.
  2. People celebrate the festivals because it has added more fresh and joys to their lives and provides a chance for us to communicate with others and develop our relationships. At the same time, some people celebrate the festivals to honor our ancestors and some important events in history. 
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术谢林秀 -

1.Yes, I do. Almost every year I spend Christmas. I would send presents to my friends and receive presents from them.

2.To my way of thinking, the resons why people celebrate western festival may be as follows. 

Firstly, for us, foreign festivals have a new sense of freshness.

Secondly, some people strongly advocate foregin cultrual festival, and many people follow suit, they offen mistake that is a trend.

回复陈泽璇069058

2018精神医学曹怀月 -
1.I hardly celebrate western festivals, because I think I can’t celebrate western festivals like foreiners and it is not very necesaary for me. 2. I think celebrating festivals is a chance to let families reunion and let people take some relax after hard-working.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术马可 -
I will celebrate western festivals, such as Christmas, and I think people celebrate it because they have a good expectation and good wishes for certain things, and they are happy.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术杨宸 -
1:Yes,I celebrate some of western holidays, such as Christmas, Easter. 2:In my opinion, people celebrate the holiday not only for the sake of a happy holiday, but to honor the ancestors and remember the history so as to bring forth the new and make the society develop rapidly.
回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术肖柱 -

1.Yes, I will celebrate western festivals sometimes. I think we should accept western festivals.

2.I agree people to celebrate festivals, everyone has his own intrestings.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术李丹颖 -

1.I celebrate some of the western holidays such as christmas, Valentine's day.

2.As my opinion, most of the festivals were celebrated for the altogether of family. It also contains abundant of traditional culture about antient China which stand for our old wisdom.  

回复陈泽璇069058

曾月权 -

Of course. I celebrate certain Western Festivals, such as Thanksgiving Day, New Year's Day, Father's  Day, Mother's Day and Christmas Day.

On the one hand, it provides an opportunity for people to develop relationships. On the other hand, it helps people relax and adjust their mindset to a better life.

回复陈泽璇069058

任绮雯 -

1.I sometimes may celebrate the western festivals. I think the Thanksgiving Days is very interesting. We can learn lot from this festival. We can express our feeling of gratitueon that day. I will also have the Mothers' Day and the Fathers' Day. So I think we can have some western festivals which are very meaning.

2.Because I think that China is a country which take serious in the family and expression. We all want to get together with family and share our emothion with others. So we all want to have the festivals.

回复陈泽璇069058

张钰宁 -

1.Yes, I do.

2.We want to celebrate the festival because life needs ceremony. A lot of things are going to go away. The festival will reinforce the impression of feeling and demand. In the future, in the memory, life is not just plain water, there are special memories, special pieces, familiar flavor and the people who spend the holidays with them.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术孙宗博 -

1.Yes,I always celebrate Western holidays like Christmas. I really think it is an interesting festival which can make me happy.

2.It seems to me that people celebrate festivals because everyone need some time to spend some wonderful time with their families or their friends. It not only can make them happy but also can relax themselves and have more energy to face to the next days.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术黄绮雯 -

1、Yes, I celebrate Western Festivals. But I just celebrate Christmas with my schoolmates, because they aren't holiday in western festivals.

2、In my opinion, people celebrate festivals is to commemorate great man such as Quyuan. The Dragon boat festival is the special day to commemorate him. Furthermore, to have get rid of obsolescence and welcome to lucky. Take spring festival for example, spring festival is the end of the last year and the first day of new year in lunar calendar.  Therefore, people compare it as the lucky day of the whole year. Apart from these, people celebrate festival in order to relax. We have to work and work to make a living but  we don't have time to enjoy ourshelvies, which lead to our inefficiency and inquietude. There must be some time for us to have fun. 

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术柯李威 -

1.Yes I celebrate some western festivals, like Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.

2.Most people celebrate western festivals for fun, because it is something out of ordinary for them. Other people, including me, celebrate western festivals just for opportunuties to gather with family or friends.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术曹宏智 -

Never.

People want a relaxing holiday after working for the whole weekdays. Most prefer stay with the families & friends. Holidays provide them a chance.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术蔡宜珊 -

Yes, I will celebrate the Western holidays. I think that whether it is Eastern or Western, the first point in celebrating the festival is that it has a special meaning. People will commemorate this day through a series of activities, such as traditional festivals. The second reason is that because people are under more stress now, they need some justified days to find some fun.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017生物技术许益林 -

In my opinion, besides being influenced by Western culture, the Chinese people’s Western holidays are more likely to have a reason to relax & express their love for family, friends & people around them. When faced with Western holidays, we should also face an open angle, without worrying too much about the cultural invasion that comes with it. This is also a confident expression of our Chinese culture.

回复陈泽璇069058

2017应用统计学(生物统计)王丹 -

Yes, I do celebrate Western Festivals.

I believe that it should not be criticized  to celebrate western festivals. However, many merchants try to mislead us that the western festivals means consumption, which causes many Chinese to dislike them.As far as I am concerned, we are supposed to figure out the cutural background behind the western festivals when we celebrate them.